Friday, February 13, 2009

Value Life

I’ve heard it said that you never truly know how great something is until it’s gone. I didn’t fear death. As far as I was concerned, death came when it wanted, and the second it did I wasn't going to notice the difference anyway. So why would I be afraid of it? Why should I let it cripple me to the point where I would be living my life in nothing but the fear of losing it? It wasn’t, however, until my life was put in jeopardy that I now have a better understanding of the gift which has been given to me. That gift being life.

I'm not saying I'm going to be living in a safety bubble, like my mother undoubtedly wishes I would and has been wishing I would since the day I was born, all I'm saying is, life is fragile. Be careful in all that you do because that may be the last thing you do. Maybe I had it all wrong. Maybe to live life more cautiously isn't crippling at all. Maybe to do so is to value it more.

6 comments:

  1. I value your life too, and am so thankful you're safe. Living life wrecklessly is like living life unintentionally - both are selfish. Instead, can't we live our lives with prudence while intentionally making a difference? The latter may have the greater impact. I want people at my funeral saying, "man, they made and impact" instead of saying "man, this never should have happened."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to your sister. She's smart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to Melisssa - she can tell how much your sister loves you...

    and listen to me...a mom of...well...you know

    Jesus has an amazing plan and purpose for your life...and THIS is part of the path that HE is walking with you to make HIS plan for you a reality...what the enemy meant for harm - GOD meant for GOOD and the salvation of many...don't let the enemy steal ANY of this...it's not his - it belongs to your Heavenly Father, and YOU belong to your Heavenly Father.

    having said that - don't EVER do it again.

    and - yes
    even before your little vocal chords cried out their first oxygen fueled protests
    - Life -
    your life - all life is indeed precious - and worth fighting to save...for such a time as this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Traci needs to get a blog of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I USE other peeps blogs as MY blog...it's the cheaters way to not committ (Tori) -
    witty yes?
    I thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey now i'm just kiddn!

    ReplyDelete