Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ah...The Trap

I constantly have to remind myself of who I am and of who I want to be. If I don't, I continually come close to falling into the trap that has been set. You know, the trap that has the goal to make everyone carbon copies of everyone else. The trap that wants us all to just strut around through life aimlessly without taking any notice of what's around us. Maybe I'm getting deep here. (This would be specifically acting against the trap) The trap is interested in surfaces and nothing more.

I've been known to fall into that trap. We all have. We're all guilty of walking under the stars, night in and night out, without looking up. The thing that is just so terrible to me about getting my pant legs caught in the teeth of that trap is that it takes me away from me. It takes me away from who I am and who I want to be.

 I haven't quite figured out the anti-trap repellant yet, but I constantly am trying to be aware of what's around me. It is my constant prayer that my eyes will see what they are intended to see, because I long to acknowledge all the daily beauty that the trap would just slap a "mundane" label on. There is so much out there and I constantly miss it. It is the most devastating thing to me.

So what do I do?

I pray for the eyes....

...and I look around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment