Thursday, August 19, 2010

Amazing Grace

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound..."

I don't need my ears to hear your favor. That's why it's so amazing. That's why you're so amazing. My heart will continue to hear the sound that only you can produce. It's that life saving sound. I knew it was you who sang it.

"...that saved a wretch like me."

I continually prove how unworthy I am of your love, of your forgiveness, and yet I continue to receive both. It's incredible. I don't understand it, but I will continue to thank you for it.

"I once was lost, but now I'm found..."

I was breathing, but I wasn't alive. I was stumbling around as someone other than who I was always meant to be. I am defined by the relationship I have with you. In you, I am found.

"...was blind but now I see."

I saw my life as my own, but it is yours. Once I came to know that, I truly began to live. I surrender my body. It is yours. I surrender my mind. It is yours. I surrender my desires. They are yours. It sounds weird to say those things, but you've sorted this all out. It was all foggy. It was all strange...but I was blind. Now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment