Thursday, February 21, 2008

Headaches

A little thought. As I sit here in good ol' borders I am thinking. First how stupid this store is for charging for their wireless and second that it doesn't matter that they charge because I can pick up a signal from the Panera Bread next door... fools. Anyway, thats the least of my thoughts. I have had another deep thinking session, again. I was cycling through my day and this is what I got.
  Everything feels slow today. I woke up and felt horrible. It was, and is, my head. I woke up with an extremely painful headache. (maybe you can relate) Now as bad as this headache was, all I had to do was walk twenty steps over to the bathroom, open the cabinet, find the Tylenol, and swallow two. And wouldn't ya know it.... Headache no longer hurt. Granted my whole day was feeling kind of goofy and stuck in slow motion, but the pain was gone due to a cure that was easily available to me. I didn't even think twice about it as I swallowed these two "miracle pills." It just hit me. Wow I am spoiled. I have a headache and I conclude without even thinking that my day is going to be horrible. Lest I forget about that suffering child in Rwanda who has aids due to rape. Lest I forget about the numerous people who were driven from their homes in Darfur. Literally driven away from the one thing that they had. I have a headache.....
  Headache.... seems so small compared to these others. In fact I'm sure those people would love to have just a headache. And it wasn't just the headache but the fact that all I had to do was walk twenty, TWENTY paces to cure it. These people have been crying, dying, for help. Yet they don't get it.
  I'm sure you think I'm taking this a little far.... (does he expect me to think of the world suffering every time something doesn't feel right with me?) No I don't expect that.... I don't do that. I will say this though.... God forgive me.... change my mind.... Bring me to a point of awareness. That is, THAT IS, my prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment