Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hope

I have a hopefully brief and simple thought. Tonight, as i spent possibly the last moments with a good friend of mine, i realize that life, people, emotions, are all fragile and sensitive to change. Now this is not new information to me and most likely not to you either, but it was quite evident in my experience tonight. Staring at the face of a 5 year, deep friendship and knowing that it will become a memory, is really devastating to me. Once again to involve you, the reader, i know that you probably have been in the same situation and probably to greater extents. For me, however, i found myself broken and expressionless while faced with this task of saying the simple word goodbye. I am intrigued by how many thoughts flooded my mind in what seemed to be an instant before the last hug was given. Every past experience, story, tradition, memory seemed to tackle me to the point of complete domination. It's like i had an unbreakable chain wrapped around my body, harnessing me, dragging me away from the person who i considered most dear. It's a frightening feeling, and you know the feeling, it's the feeling of complete defeat and abandonment. This is something i had not felt in a long time and really do not wish to feel again. (no surprise there)
I know that at this point you are really not feeling very giddy and are probably wondering why you even opened this blog in the first place. HaHa, and i do not blame you. This experience was bad and frankly just plain depressing. My feelings, however, had changed the second hope entered into the picture.
Hope is the expecting, the believing that something good will happen. In order for the hope to become a reality it must be followed by action. Now hope without action is nothing more than a wish. (speaking in human relations here, spiritual instances are another blog for another day) Not to say wishes don't come true but some form of action must take place for hope to become a reality. So i say that all to say, this is not the end. Situations like the one i listed above are unfortunate but can be overcome. All you need is hope followed by action.

No comments:

Post a Comment