Monday, September 14, 2009

Conscious to Mistakes

My biggest problems have always come from my own mistakes. Looking back though, at the huge trash pile of problems that my mistakes created for me, I wouldn't change them. I wouldn't because I have learned from those mistakes. I have taken them and used them as water to help me grow into the person who I am today. Mistakes, it seems, have the potential to make us respond by traveling down one of two very opposite roads. The road that continues to make those mistakes or those similar to them, or the road that avoids repeating them. A lot has to do with the individual. That determines which one of those roads they will take in response to their mistakes. I wish I had the magic spell that, when repeated, would always help me to respond by traveling down the "right" road. All I can say is, I try to be conscious about what I am doing post-mistake. That is what helps, along with some God sized help, to direct me to the road of non-repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment