Wednesday, September 2, 2009

See

It all comes back to our perception. How should we see the world? As I read the works of great authors I say to myself, wow they are living in a totally different world. Why? Because their vision is marked by creativity and imagination. They sense something deeper. I'm not saying everyone should live in some kind of fantasy world 24-7. I'm saying that we constantly have to remind ourselves of who we are and who we want to be. How we want to see. If we don't, we will fall into the trap that says the world is just superficial. So many people are just carbon copies of everyone else, strutting through life without taking notice of what's around them. It's all surface to them. No creativity. No deeper meaning. I've been known to fall into that trap. We all have. It's just so terrible because that's simply not who we were meant to be. There is so much more to this world beyond just the surface and we were meant to dream it up and draw outside the lines. It just all comes back to our perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment